Monday, March 16, 2009

Colleagues and Accomplices



Allow me to introduce you to my dear friend, who has become my writing colleague and my spiritual accomplice. We all need someone like this in our lives, more so as we age, I think, although it was far easier to sustain close friendships when I was in my twenties. We meet weekly or every other week, and have recently started using our 2 hours together to articulate what it is we are trying to accomplish with our writing and our creative lives. Then we report on what we will do in the next week. Beyond this, we talk and go to places that feed our souls; since she works with the dying and I work with whomever I can get to pay me, we have much to share about making every day a significant journey. I am grateful for this babushka buddy, and fortunate to have many friends who are so imaginative, funny, and so piercingly brilliant I can hardly stand it!

1 comment:

  1. She is a nice friend indeed. It is good that you can share your time together.

    Namaste
    Deb

    ReplyDelete